Fermax join Secured by Design
Door entry systems manufacturer Fermax has joined Secured by Design, the official police security initiative, demonstrating their commitment to customer security.
Established in Valencia in 1949, Fermax have become a leading company in systems and solutions for residential communication, home connectivity, security, and access control.
Fermax has a range of electronic door entry products which have achieved Police Preferred Specification with Secured by Design:
- 1/W Milo Video Panel with Prox MEET - MEET 1-button panel with proximity reader
- Duox Plus Digital Marine Video Panel ST4 Prox - 3.5" graphic display and backlit keypad for calling and wide-angle colour camera
- Duox Plus Digital Video City Panel Prox - Cityline video panel with a 3.5" graphical display, backlit keypad for calling and EM proximity reader
- Duox Plus Digital Video City Panel - Cityline video panel with a 3.5" graphical display and backlit keypad for calling
- Kin Touch Panel MEET - MEET panel with 10'' capacitive screen and 1.2Mpx HD camera with electronic directory, alphanumeric calling, proximity reader and facial recognition
- Marine Digital Video Panel MEET - Vandal-proof door entry and video door entry panel
Alberto Maestre, County Manager, Fermax, said: “Now that Fermax UK have been awarded the Secured by Design accreditation with our two leading technologies, MEET (IP) and DUOX (2 Wire), this gives clients and end users confidence their homes are secure.
“Additionally, it helps Fermax build confidence with our specification team when dealing with architects, contractors and M & E companies.”
Lyn Poole, Secured by Design, said: “It is great that Fermax have become SBD members, and feel that membership will benefit their company and the products that have received Police Preferred Specification accreditation. Access control/door entry panels are a first line of defence against intruders and enable people to feel safe in their homes, from small to large developments and places of work. People want to have clear images and audio so they can make a quick assessment of who is at the door and if they should allow them access.”
You can find out more about Fermax and their Secured by Design accredited products at: https://www.securedbydesign.com/member-companies/sbd-members?view=companydetail&account=0011i00001SFH2qAAH
Secured by Design (SBD) is owned by the UK Police Service with the specific aim of reducing crime and increasing safety for businesses and individuals.
SBD seeks to improve the physical security of buildings and the surrounding area using products such as doors, windows, locks and walling systems along with fencing systems that meet the SBD Police Preferred Specification security requirements.
SBD have many partner organisations, ranging from the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities through to local authorities, housing associations, developers and manufacturers and work closely with standards and certification bodies.
SBD is the only way for companies to obtain police recognition for security-related products in the UK, through the Police Preferred Specification - a product-based accreditation scheme developed over 20 years ago, which provides a recognised standard for all security products that effectively deter and reduce crime. SBD work with manufacturers and standards authorities to ensure that security standards are current and updated to keep pace with emerging crime trends.
Learn more about Secured by Design and our member companies at: https://www.securedbydesign.com/